We are increasingly living in a society that is digital-by-default; this is creating a strong need to develop digital skills and increase the digital capability of all for a digital economy. iAMDigital is a £1m fund which invests in new ventures and established organisations working to increase digital inclusion and digital skills in the UK, outside of London.
iAMDigital has already made investments into:
- Turing Lab, an edtech organisation, developing software and teaching resources to
empower the next generation with digital skills
- Northcoders, a coding bootcamp, supporting people who are looking to launch a software engineering career in the North of England
- The fund is a partnership between Creative England and Nominet Trust
- We are offering interest-free loans or equity investments ranging from £50,000 to £200,000
- These investments will be matched 50% by the applicant company; for example, an investment request of £50,000 must be matched by £50,000 additional private funding.
iAMDigital will be investing in organisations that have a strong track record of delivering results and are seeking to scale their approach. Your organisation will:
- Have a social mission and be able to demonstrate your social impact
- Be tackling the main barriers limiting people's digital capabilities (lack of access, skills, confidence and motivation)
- Be developing the digital skills of young people and adults (particularly those who are most marginalised)
- Create digital content or have a creative angle to your offering
- Be an SME (start up, early stage or established)
- Have your major operations and beneficiaries in England, outside of Greater London.
You can submit your expression of interest here.
For further guidance please contact: