EPIC (Ehealth Productivity and Innovation in Cornwall and the Isles of Scilly) is led by The University of Plymouth, in partnership with Creative England and partly funded by the European Regional Development Fund. EPIC is dedicated to improving the use of technology in both health and social care, aiming to improve the health and well-being of people in Cornwall and Isles of Scilly as well as the Cornish economy. The programme will run over a 3-year period (starting May 2017), in which Cornish SMEs will gain the opportunity to develop expertise and commercial opportunities.
What does EPIC offer businesses?
- Access to specialised business support expertise from the digital and eHealth sector
- Access to experts in research areas critical for development of eHealth products and services
- Access to grant funding through the £600,000 EPIC Challenge Fund
The project covers a broad range of technologies, including: Apps, Communication Devices, Web, Robotics and Sensory/Image based innovations that enhance health and social care provision. It provides specialist and funded support to businesses who work in, or are interested in operating, within this sector.
Understanding more about EPIC's eHealth ecosystem
EPIC has an underlying philosophy... in order to develop high quality eHealth innovation you need the direct involvement of key stakeholders to identify priorities and shape design and implementation of solutions. We will help to create networks of patients, carers, health and social care professionals and SMEs that work together across Cornwall to produce high quality products to improve impact and commercial success.
What support can EPIC provide for businesses?
Led by Creative England the project offers sector specific expertise in the development of Digital and eHealth business ventures; all the way from concept to commercial success.
This will provide SMEs with:
- One to one business support that understands the sector, its challenges and opportunities
- Face to face events and webinars involving leading thought experts and eHealth champions from within Cornwall and across the UK
- Support for applications to the £600,000 Challenge Fund which offers grants for commercial projects that meet the EPIC objectives and have potential for business growth.
The project team can also provide leading expertise in:
- Behaviour Change and its critical role in the success of eHealth innovation
- Digital Human Interface; guidance and testing capability on design and usability of technology
- Robotics; technical expertise in applications to health and social care settings
- Sustainability/evaluation; capturing evidence of impact and outcomes to support sales
You can stay up to date on Twitter with the hashtag #EPICehealth
For more info please visit: www.plymouth.ac.uk/research/epic
Liz West (Partnerships Manager) - email@example.com
Ben Bowskill (Project Coordinator) - firstname.lastname@example.org
Joanne Evans (Digital Health Business Consultant) - email@example.com