Creative England and Nominet Trust have launched a £1million investment fund to support companies and projects that are using technology to increase digital engagement and skills.
The UK is heading towards a digital crisis; a shortage of workers with the correct digital skills could cost our economy £63 billion a year. We want to address this and our new iAmDigital fund aims to improve the life chances of young people, in particular 16-24 year olds, by investing in scalable businesses and projects that increase digital engagement.
How much is available?
- We are offering interest-free loans or equity investments ranging from £50,000 to £200,000.
- These investments will be matched 50% by the applicant company; for example, an investment request of £50,000 must be matched by £50,000 additional private funding.
Who can apply?
Your company should:
- have a social mission
- create digital content or have a creative angle to your offering
- Be an SME (start up, early stage or established)
- have your major operations and beneficiaries in England, outside of Greater London.
Applications are now open, with a deadline of 7th November 2016 for initial expression of interest and 1st December 2016 for full application.
For further guidance please contact: