Applications now open
What is Greenshoots?
Greenshoots is an investment initiative for independent game developers, run in partnership with Xbox.
Greenshoots offers repayable investments for projects which are focused on helping developers to overcome the hurdles of investment, marketing and discoverability, offering investment of up to £100,000 per game development company. The investment round uncovers independent developers who are creating exciting, innovative games, and can demonstrate high growth potential.
Since 2013, Creative England’s Greenshoots has made 28 investments, which has provided finance of just over £1m in total. Successful and acclaimed games funded through the initiative include several ID@Xbox titles such as Q.U.B.E.2 from Toxic Games, and Aaero by Mad Fellows.
The fund is open to companies who:
- Are a games company based in any of the English regions outside of Greater London
- Have previous, demonstrable game development experience
- Qualify as an SME and are registered at Companies House
- Can provide a £1 for £1 match to any investment received
- Have an innovative game idea to be developed for commercial release on any operating system and platform - but must include a dedicated version for Windows 10, distributed via the Windows 10 Store, and/or Xbox One
- Have not received over €200,000 worth of public sector support granted under ‘De Minimis’, from whatever source in any three year rolling period.
- Have an ambition to grow the company and create and/or safeguard jobs through the funding
Applications close on Sunday 11th August 2019