GamesLab Leeds has launched the last round of grant funding for the project. Grants up to £2000 are available to creative businesses operating in the Leeds City Region, for development of video games and tech projects to complete by 30th November 2018.
A majority of the GamesLab Leeds funding has gone towards games, but we are also interested in hearing from any organisation looking to utilise game technology or techniques (Unity, VR, AI etc.) or looking to collaborate with game studios in Leeds City Region. If you’re unsure on the eligibility of your project, please get in touch with us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
We are particularly interested in hearing about projects that will (a) release something to the market by November 2018, (b) be interested in collaborating with universities, and (c) businesses that are less than twelve months old.
Please click here to be taken to the application form.
Additionally, we offer support for businesses via mentoring, workshops and advice. Follow us on Twitter in order to be kept up to date on new developments. Any enterprise receiving a grant is expected to engage with us for additional support.
To access support through Gameslab Leeds you must be:
- An SME registered at Companies House registered and trading in the Leeds City Region*
- SME can be defined as a charity or CIC operating in the Leeds City Region*
- SME can include a Sole Trader with a UTR** within the Leeds City Region*
- Committed to developing your business and expanding your team
- The support provided by GamesLab would provide the stimulus for such companies to develop new work within the region utilising new technologies. We are interested in games, but also projects that utilise similar technology.
*For the purpose of the GamesLab programme Leeds City Region is defined as Bradford, Calderdale, Craven, Harrogate, Kirklees, Leeds, Selby, Wakefield, York and North Yorkshire County Council.
** UTR is the unique tax reference number from HMRC as used by freelancers and sole traders.
The aim is that businesses supported through the programme:
- Increase the number of staff they employ
- Collaborate/cooperate with research institutions
- Introduce new products to the market and /or Introduce new products to the company
- Foster and celebrate growth in the region
The project will be delivered by Creative England, funded by European Regional Development Funds (ERDF) and supported by Regional Growth Funds (RGF). This fund is specifically for activity within the Leeds City Region as identified by the European Union and the government. The GamesLab Leeds programme will run up to March 2019.
(Please note: Creative England will still be active once the UK leaves the European Union).
Have any questions? Just get in touch, we'd be happy to help;
Events will be announced via our e-newsletters and social media accounts so please sign up and follow us