Creative England is dedicated to the growth of the creative industries.
We invest in talented people and their creative ideas, nurturing our richly diverse games, TV, film and digital media industries. From direct investment and soft loans to business mentoring; we champion the best ideas of talented people and their businesses.
As a not-for-profit organisation we mobilise public and private resources to garner as much support and investment for the creative industries as possible. We work with a wide range of partners and investors from commercial brands and companies such as Google, Facebook and KPMG to local authorities, cultural bodies and universities, national government, and the European Commission.
What we do
- Grow talent and businesses
- Address market failure and raise ambition
- Build the right climate for creative industries to thrive
Why we do it
Because England's creative businesses are already a big success.
- They generate jobs, profile and value. They drive innovation. We can help raise their ambition further .
- But some are under-capitalised and under-skilled. They need better access to mentoring, infrastructure, business planning, finance, markets, new ideas and wider networks.
- Because there is a damaging inequality of access to these things between London and the rest of the country, talent is wasted, opportunities are lost. We believe London's world position should benefit the whole country.
How we do it
We don't just invest money; we provide a ??money plus' service. We are building strong, long-term relationships with industry and our partners. We provide practical support for film and TV production; organise networking and events; provide mentoring, information and business advice. We connect and combine local knowledge with national and international reach.
- We help grow talent and businesses
- We help secure a sustainable infrastructure of support for creative companies outside London
- We identify new and expanding markets for creative content
- We promote the creative talent of the English regions to the world
- We champion the economic and cultural contribution of the creative industries
Info on our trading arm
The Creative England Trading Company (CETC) was incorporated in September 2014. The aim of the CETC it to generate income by delivering Creative England??s products and services on a commercial basis, in order to contribute towards the operational costs of the not-for-profit parent company and help aid its sustainability. By opening up new sources of commercial revenue, CETC is supporting Creative England??s objectives to create a sustainable community of private partners and investors who are passionate about the creative industry and who want to invest in its long-term future.